Hunter Street Eye Specialists are committed to providing patients and carers with practice specific information regarding their rights when receiving healthcare.
We are committed to always delivering informed, transparent, and compassionate patient centric care, and as an integral part of this, we have developed a charter of patient rights that is consistent with the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights.
- Access – Patients have a right to healthcare relevant to their needs.
- Safety – Patients have a right to receive safe and high-quality care, and provided with professional care, skill, and competence.
- Respect – Patients have a right to be shown respect, dignity, and consideration. The care provided shows respect to the patient and their culture, beliefs, values, and personal characteristics.
- Privacy – Patients have a right to privacy and confidentiality of their personal and medical information.
- Communication – Patients have a right to be informed about our facilities, services, treatment, options, and costs in a clear and open manner. Hunter Street Eye Specialists are committed to ensuring patients receive open, timely and appropriate communication about their health care in a way they can understand.
- Participation – Patients have a right to comment, be included in planning, decisions and choices about their care and have their concerns addressed.
- Referral – to other services and to seek a second opinion.
- Feedback – You have the right to provide feedback, share our experience or make a complaint without it affecting the way you are treated. Have your concerns addressed in a timely and transparent manner.
To assist us in delivering you the best possible care, you agree to;
- Provide accurate personal and related information.
- Tell us about any religious or cultural beliefs and requirements.
- Ask questions and talk to your family before making any decision about your health where relevant and appropriate.
- Cooperate with the doctors, clinical orthoptic and administrative team caring for you.
- Respect the rights and privacy of other patients.
- Accept the consequences of your own informed decisions.
- Be on time for appointments and lets us know if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- Provide health fund details prior to booking procedures.
- Provide and finalise full payment on the day of appointment.
Tell Us About Your Experience
It is nice for our team to know when they have performed well, delivered excellent care, and to receive constructive feedback to learn how we can improve. it is also appreciated that we understand when we may have fallen short of what is expected.
At Hunter Street Eye Specialists, we have a process that enables patients to provide comments about the quality of health care they receive, including compliments and complaints.
You can learn more about this process by contacting us, or alternatively you may prefer to complete an online feedback form here or download a form below to complete and return to us in person, via post or email.You can provide feedback both during and after your visit with us.Complete Online Feedback Form